Australian Road rules state that all trailers with a gross trailer mass exceeding 750kg must have brakes. The most common heavy trailers operate either an electromagnetic or hydraulic trailer brake system that both require a brake controller to moderate braking on the trailer.
Time Activated Brake Controllers
Ideal for 4WD, light caravan and camper applications, the Guardian Brake Controller gives you greater control over your braking. With a large easy to read display and push-button controls, the compact design mounts easily on your dash
· Small compact design
· Easily accessible push buttons for controlling “output” and “sync” settings
· Easy-to-read digital display communicates brake power output, sync setting and error codes
· Thumb control manual override
· Advanced internal circuit protection prevents damage
· Mount in any position, no levelling required
· 3 year limited warranty
Proportional Brake Controllers
The Vinotour™ Proportional-based control utilises a 360 degree fitting range and through the use of a sensing device can determine the tow vehicles rate of declaration and apply the correct amount of trailer braking to match.
The continual diagnostics check for proper connection and electric trailer brake control for up to 4 braking axles gives the Vinotour™ an advantage over all other models. Quick and easy disconnect features allows for easy removal and storage when not in use.
Features & Benefits
- Smartclick™ compatability offers plug & play functionality allowing a quick and easy connection to any Smartclick™ Brake Control Body Harness.
- Digital Display: Shows “Output” setting.
- Shows “Sync” setting.
- Shows brake overload or short connection.
- Aids in hookup troubleshooting.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty. Refer to our warranty section for more details.
- Thumb wheel type “Output” control.
- Advanced internal circuit protection to prevent damage if incorrectly wired.
- 360 degree fitting range.
- Electric trailer brake control for up to 4 braking axles.
- No level adjustment required-it adjusts to varying terrain as you drive.
- Unique “Boost” feature for towing different trailers.
- Quick and easy disconnect feature allows user to remove.
- Meets all Australian Standards.
- Includes mounting bracket, hardware, comprehensive installation instructions & trouble shooting guide.
- For use on 12v negative ground systems only.
This proportional brake control unit has been developed to make it both easier & less intrusive to install and provide the driver with greater control in braking situations.
The dial and LED indicator can fit and be mounted in a spare switch panel rather than through the main dashboard or centre console. The brake controller is stored out of sight behind the vehicle’s dashboard – with only the control dials showing on the dash.
The Output Control Dial has two functions. It lets you set the minimum braking force of the trailer (otherwise known as the ‘Boost’ – a unique feature) and provides an over-ride function for additional braking power on the trailer when required. The over-ride force can be set by the user and is activated by pressing and holding the Output ControlDial.
The “Boost” feature gives users the ability to apply more or less braking power when necessary. By adjusting the Boost on the Output Control Dial, users can choose the minimum amount of braking force to apply when the brake pedal is first pressed. For heavier caravans and trailers more Boost can be used for greater braking control. This feature is unique to the CompactIQ™ as a remote mounted brake control unit.
The LED indicator shows the various states of the braking system through the use of different colours. It also confirms successful installation. Green indicates the system is connected and operating correctly. Red indicates that the system is active and applying the trailer’s brakes. A flashing red light means there is a connection fault.
- Electrical brake control for 1, 2, or 3 trailer axles.
- SmartClick™ compatibility offers Plug and Play installation allowing a quick and easy connection to any SmartClick™ Brake Control Harness and Hayman Reese Towbar Wiring.
- Includes a “Boost” feature that gives users the ability to set minimum braking power.
- Discreet controls offering flexible mounting options.
- LED indicator showing status of braking system.
- 3 year warranty.
- Fully compatible with Electronic Stability Control systems
The Tow-Pro™ Elite is an electric brake controller designed to suit most common trailer braking applications whilst requiring minimal dash space and is simple operate.
The Tow-Pro™ Elite trailer brake controller offers selectable Proportional or User Controlled trailer braking modes allowing the user to choose the braking style depending on the road or terrain conditions, vehicle type, or driver preference.
The Tow-Pro™ Elite electric trailer brake controller features Active Calibration which constantly monitors the direction of travel, the unit will even calibrate with no trailer attached whilst maintaining the ability to mount in any orientation.
The unit is able to operate both electric and electric/hydraulic trailer brakes and will operate from either 12V or 24V vehicle systems without the need for manual selection or extra components or wiring. The unit is also Australian Design Rules (ADR) compliant when installed as directed.